To: All Women of the Earth/Other makeup or cosmetic users
The use of makeup or cosmetics at social outings is seen as an inappropriate waste of time and money, in addition to serving as a telltale sign to others that you require external aids in order to look beautiful.
Both men and women alike all over the world believe this, and now is the time for you to decide your allegiance.
Makeup or cosmetics, is defined by dictionary.com as “A preparation, such as powder or a skin cream, designed to beautify the body by direct application.”
We believe the above thesis statement is true for the following reasons:
- Makeup/Cosmetics are an excessive and completely unnecessary precaution taken to ensure that a person’s outward appearance is pleasing to others.
- Time, money, and resources used on taking the precautions stated above are simply used for superficial means, and therefore are simply wasted.
- Additionally, using such items detracts from the natural beauty of the human body. Instead of being ourselves, we become manufactured dolls.
- By using such items, you support the pseudo-standard of beauty that the mass media and advertising campaigns put out into the general public. This standard is completely rubbish, as it is unreasonable due to the fact that often times models are pictured in a way that is impossible for the human body to obtain naturally, and in order to obtain it in the first place, you would require various expensive cosmetic aids.
- The way the majority of makeup/cosmetics is manufactured does not nearly justify the price that is charged for it. For example, things such as cover-up powders are simply just a mixture of chemicals and dyes.
- Going along with the point stated above, “The ingredients of modern cosmetics may also surprise those who use them: lipstick, for example, can contain fish scales — or, rather, the “shimmery” substance of fish scales called “pearl essence”. Pearl essence is obtained primarily from herring and is one of many by-products of large-scale commercial fish processing. The red color of many lipsticks is from the dye carmine, made from the crushed bodies of the cochineal insect,” according to http://www.wikipedia.org.
Makeup is makeup, regardless of the amount you use. Please, sign this petition and pledge your loyalty against using makeup. Men, take this time to let your significant other know that you’re against them being someone they’re not. Women, join together and rebel against the strict social beauty expectations, simply be yourself, that is all you need to be.
The Undersigned from petitiononline.com